South India is one of the top producers of fine quality silk. South Indian sarees are recognized to represent the custom of the area through its routines that were typical.
* Gadwal sarees are woven from cotton material and therefore are recognized by pallow and the silk edge. Zari work is carried by them and are created in Gadwal, the area where they get their name.
* Kanjivaram sarees are on the list of choicest varieties seen in the south. All these are popular because of their edges that are broad and therefore are mostly produced in Tamil Nadu. They take a hefty cost, with respect to the number of cosmetic work done on them.
All these are woven from cotton, silk or an incredible blend of two materials. Pochampally sarees are popular due to their tie and dye design.
An original approach to tie and dye known in the hamlet of Puttapaka produces * Puttapaka sarees in the state of Andra Pradesh. These sarees in many cases are sold under the name of Ponchampally sarees too.
As these are on the list of best possible varieties accessible India these give tough competition. Incredible zari work in silver and gold, the standard of the embroidery as well as silk make them highly popular.
* Kota Doria sarees are made from cotton mainly in the Kota district of Rajasthan. Airy, light and clear within their kind, these sarees are known for checkered patterns.
Each area of India has its singularity in draping fashion and the saree designs.
* Sambalpuri ikat is made in Orissa and is hand woven. It includes motifs that are representational such as the blossom, the wheel as well as the shell. Moreover, all these are particularly popular for being tiedyed.
* Kantha silk and cotton sarees are made in west Bengal. These sarees derive their name in the embroidery technique utilized in the making procedure.
* Tant sarees made mainly in west Bengal are handily satisfied for the humid and hot climate. Bengali girls traditionally wear them and woven making them clear and light. These sarees are popular for routine use.
Sarees from distinct states take along with traditional favourites and their fortes or the patola which give a classic outlook, more stylish versions just like the chiffon make this type of clothes revered in India.